Every person I know struggles with using the tongue in such a way where it glorifies the Lord and edifies another person. Our natural inclination is to tear the other person down. There is an art to learning how to tame our tongue- the wild beast that it is! And one wife wrote in asking how to get her’s under control.
Here’s her question…
While doing your Wives of the Bible study, I am finding that I have a lot in common with these wives! More than I ever thought I would, especially since they lived so long ago…
I am prone to being very aggressive and controlling to my husband (who is also a believer) and I lash out in words. I find that my emotions are VERY difficult to control in the heat of the moment. Do you have any tips or step-by-steps on how to make “biting my tongue” doable when I’m feeling so hyper-emotional?
“A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45
Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way. James 3:2
But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don’t cover up the truth with boasting and lying. For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. James 3:14-17
Got a question for me? Here are the guidelines…
- Keep your message short and sweet because you only have 90 seconds to record your question.
- Please leave your name and where you’re from. If you’d like to remain anonymous, you can say you’re Sue from Oregon even though you’re really Jane from California! Yeah, I’m sly like that. I’ve got you covered, sister!
- If applicable, please let me know if your husband is a believer or not.
- Only ask one question per recording. If you have another question, please record another message.
- Rude, offensive, and snarky questions will not be addressed. They will be deleted, thank you very much!
For more podcast episodes and to subscribe to our show, you can do so here.
Live a poured out life for Christ,
Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to get my FREE Email Course, 5 Days to a Better Marriage. Plus, receive future blog posts. Delivered each week for free.