Believe it or not, one of my favorite topics to discuss with another woman is ministry. I’m sure you’re surprised by this seeing that I write mainly on marriage here. But I write on marriage because my heart is to bring you the Word of God so your marriage can make an impact for Christ!
So today I want to talk about how to share the Word of God with others- those who are saved and unsaved.
Personally, I’ve always thought the Gospel message was a pretty simple message. Goodness, if someone as dumb and prideful as me could have given their heart to the Lord, then I think anyone can!
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. 1 Cor. 15:13,14
Christ died for our sins. He was buried. And He rose again on the third day. Simple, right? What is truly hard for an unbeliever is bowing and surrendering their life to Christ. The issue is not that they’ve heard a complicated message. The issue is what are they going to do with the message they’ve heard. Will they or will they not surrender their life to Christ? That is THE question!
Now, in walks you on the scene of their life. God has placed you in a position to influence and impact their life to draw them toward Jesus Christ! But you might be wondering how? Yep, I’ve had those same thoughts time and time again in my own life, so let me share with you a few pointers I’ve learned over the years.
8 Ways to Share the Word of God with Others
- Show interest in them. Be their friend, (just make sure they’re not influencing your towards ungodliness.) Jesus didn’t show up on the scene condemning a sinner, rather, He took interest in the person’s life. He brought grace and truth.
- Be genuine and transparent. I’ve yet to meet a woman who enjoys being around another woman who puts on a show to make her life look like she’s got it all together. No woman has a perfect life and no one likes a fake person. Be real with people, but also learn to be discreet.
- Don’t be afraid to share your love for Jesus Christ with others. When you have conversations with others, don’t leave Christ out of the conversation. He’s your Lord, and He’s the reason why your life looks so attractive to the outside world.
- Share your testimony/why you gave your heart to the Lord. Don’t be afraid to share how God pulled you out of the pit you were in. Everyone loves a success story and when a person gives their heart to Jesus Christ you are now giving the unsaved or hurting soul hope which is only found in Christ.
- When people are hurting, point them to Jesus even if you don’t know the exact scripture references. Just so you know, I’m not a walking Bible where I can just speak out a Bible verse at any given moment. I know a general area of where the verse is found, i.e, old testament or new testament. Or maybe I know a specific verse is found in, let’s just say the books of Romans, but I certainly don’t know the exact reference for every verse I’ve read. What I typically do when I’m speaking with someone, is I’ll say, the Bible says this. Or the Bible says that. Obviously if I’m giving a message to a group of women, then I do my research and pull up the exact scriptures. I do the same when I’m writing a blog post or recording a video or podcast.
- When conversing about life and why you do what you do, let them know the Bible is the authority of your life. Your aim in life is to live in such a way that is pleasing to Christ. It is why you make certain decisions that are contrary to the world.
- Let your witness (the way you go through this life with all of the ups and downs) speak about the goodness of Jesus Christ. Your patience, grace, forgiving heart, peace, hope, etc. are qualities found in the Believer’s life because your have the power of the Living God within you. These virtues are not common in the world today and thus, who you are and how you deal with your circumstances and relationships are very attractive to a lost or aching soul. Ultimately, your witness will draw others closer to the Lord, that is, if it’s a good witness.
- Try not to act like a Pharisee. An unsaved or saved person will not be drawn to someone who makes them feel like they are not measuring up to God’s standards. (Don’t ask me how I know this.) Our heart’s motive should be to influence and encourage others to draw closer to Jesus Christ, not push Him further away from them.
The key to sharing the Bible is this…don’t allow your fear of not knowing enough of the Word of God to keep you from sharing the Word of God. You know enough. If you didn’t, you would not have given your heart to Jesus Christ.
And the beauty of stepping out of your comfort zone when you share the Word is that you’ll learn the Word. You can’t teach what you don’t know. When someone has a question that you can’t answer, show humility and tell them you don’t know the answer but you’ll search the scriptures and get back to them. This little exercise will deepen your faith and help you to grow in your understanding of the Bible.
What are some areas that God is calling you to share your faith with others? What are your fears in doing so? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Share in the comments.
Live a poured out life for Christ,
5 Days to a Better Marriage
Subscribe and get my FREE email course, 5 Days to a Better Marriage. Plus, receive future blog posts delivered to your inbox.