I want a marriage where I’m an excellent wife, one who is a crown to my man, rather than a wife who causes him shame and brings rottenness in his bones. Wow, those are some tough words to swallow! So I strive to do these 15 things to strengthen my marriage.
1. Respect him. Respecting your man let’s him know you believe in him and that you support him, his vision, and his leadership abilities.
…and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:33
And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” Genesis 2:18
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14
10. Do your best to not treat him like a child. Be his wife, not his mother.
11. Be content with how much money he makes.
12. Be content with his parenting skills.
13. Be content with his walk with the Lord (aka, his ability to be the spiritual leader of the home).
Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6
14. Be intentional about being a godly wife. Your conduct will help your husband rise to the challenge/occasion of being a more godly husband. Remember, you are a wife of influence!
Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives. 1 Peter 3:1
15. Leave and cleave; make sure you share your heart with your husband more than with anyone else, including your mother, sister, friends, etc.
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
When applied, all these things will cause you to be an excellent wife, one who is a crown to your husband!
Now, are these things easy to do? Not even close! It’s a daily dying of our sinful nature as we choose to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord.
So, can we overcome our flesh? Why, yes, yes we can with Jesus!
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37
Want to better your marriage? Click here to learn how!
Live a poured out life for Christ,