Biblical submission. I’m a big fan of it. But unfortunately, not all husbands and wives understand the meaning of it. More often than not, this Biblical command is taken out of context. Many men think their wives should ask ‘how high’ when they tell their woman to ‘jump’. Excuse me a moment while I scoff at that perspective!
Or a husband might believe that a wife should keep her mouth shut when she doesn’t agree with his viewpoint.
Well, here’s a new flash: biblical submission does not equate to being a silent partner in one’s marriage. It’s a marriage, not a dictatorship.
When a husband holds to some of these viewpoints, then I can tell you he is wrong and misguided in his understanding of the Word of God. And I mean dead wrong!
I’ve written A LOT about Biblical submission so you can get a better understanding of it. In fact, I’ve done a video about it, and I’ve written a short guide on the concept to help you see the purpose and the beauty of it. And I’ve shared the lies and misconceptions people believe about it. You can get my short guide for free when you subscribe below.
So, should a wife submit to her husband in everything? Inquiring wives want to know!
Here’s a hint and my short answer…Nope!
Click below to hear more.
Got a question for me? Here are the guidelines…
- Keep your message short and sweet because you only have 90 seconds to record your question.
- Please leave your name and where you’re from. If you’d like to remain anonymous, you can say you’re Sue from Oregon even though you’re really Jane from California! Yeah, I’m sly like that. I’ve got you covered, sister!
- If applicable, please let me know if your husband is a believer or not.
- Only ask one question per recording. If you have another question, please record another message.
- Rude, offensive, and snarky questions will not be addressed. They will be deleted, thank you very much!
For more podcast episodes and to subscribe to our show, you can do so here.