Dealing with Temptation When You’re Married
As Christians, we live in this world but we’re not to be of it. The Bible says we’re to be set apart, but what do we do with our feelings when they seem contrary to the Scriptures? How do we navigate life with them?
Here’s one woman’s story…
I have been reading your various Biblical lessons on marriage and I can honestly say it’s what saved my marriage. I applied Biblical truths that I read on your website and it changed my heart and attitude. I am grateful that the Holy Spirit is using you to reach many women and change lives for the better.
I am having a difficult time discerning whether or not I should stay at my current gym or cancel my membership and go else where. I want so much for God to work in this area of my life which is why I question leaving the gym. The situation at the gym is this….before having a strong relationship with Christ I acted like a wild child at the gym, flirting with other men and acting in a manner in a way that caused attention on me. Sadly I lost a few friends because of my actions. Many people have pulled away from me, even though I am now a changed person. It eats me up inside not having the friends I once had at the gym and being excluded from outside activities.
The other issue is this… I am strongly attracted to a fellow gym member (male). I have prayed to God to take the desire away. I have not and will not act upon my feelings towards this man. I find myself thinking about him way too much. I look forward to seeing this man at the gym. I don’t really talk to this man and we workout on opposite sides of the room. My question is should I continue working out at the gym and praying for God to make the change. Or should I just leave the gym and go some where else?
Got a question for me? Here are the guidelines…
- Keep your message short and sweet because you only have 90 seconds to record your question.
- Please leave your name and where you’re from. If you’d like to remain anonymous, you can say you’re Sue from Oregon even though you’re really Jane from California! Yeah, I’m sly like that. I’ve got you covered, sister!
- If applicable, please let me know if your husband is a believer or not.
- Only ask one question per recording. If you have another question, please record another message.
- Rude, offensive, and snarky questions will not be addressed. They will be deleted, thank you very much!
For more podcast episodes and to subscribe to our show, you can do so here.
Live a poured out life for Christ,