5 Ways to Follow Your Husband When You’re a Strong-Willed Wife (Part 1)
Being a strong-willed wife can make it difficult for me to want to follow my husband (or anybody else for that matter!) But, according to God’s Word, husbands, not wives, are to be the head of the home.
For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Ephesians 5:23
It’s a rub-you-the-wrong-way, verse for the strong-willed wife.
But and this is a big but…I am a strong-willed wife and I have learned the beauty of this verse.
In today’s podcast, Eric and I are discussing how a wife with an assertive personality can honor God without having a lobotomy. After all, God made us and He knew what He was doing when He fashioned you and I. He also knew what He was doing when He commanded in His word for wives to submit to our husbands (not their sin, btw.) Submitting to his sin is NEVER biblical.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:14
Now I realize there is such a thing as an abusive husband. If you’ve got one, leave. Call the cops and have the toxic man thrown in jail. Not physically abusive, but emotionally and verbally? Here ya go.
But today, we are not discussing husbands who misuse and abuse their headship position.
Today we are discussing the wife who finds it difficult to follow her husband’s leading because she’s got a fiery personality.
Come closer, sister, so I can whisper a secret. It is possible to honor God and submit to your husband with your fiery personality.
On this podcast episode, I discuss ways to do it. However, for time sake, we cut it into two parts because I had a lot to say! Part 2 will come out next Thursday. (If there is a need from listeners to address more on this topic, we’ll make it a series.)
Click below to listen.
Got a question for me? Here are the guidelines…
- Keep your message short and sweet because you only have 90 seconds to record your question.
- Please leave your name and where you’re from. If you’d like to remain anonymous, you can say you’re Sue from Oregon even though you’re really Jane from California! Yeah, I’m sly like that. I’ve got you covered, sister!
- If applicable, please let me know if your husband is a believer or not.
- Only ask one question per recording. If you have another question, please record another message.
- Rude, offensive, and snarky questions will not be addressed. They will be deleted, thank you very much!
For more podcast episodes and to subscribe to our show, you can do so here.
Live a poured out life for Christ,