Verbal and Emotional Abuse: Establishing Boundaries in Marriage
Boundaries are needed in life to protect things (and people) that are important to you. Not only are boundaries a good thing for your marriage and family, but boundaries are also needed for oneself personally. Oftentimes, the personal boundary gets overlooked in marriage and that’s when the relationship starts to break down. Emotional lines are crossed because they have never been established (or enforced) in the marriage.
Perhaps you’re dealing with some verbal and/or emotional abuse in your marriage because you don’t like conflict or confrontation, you’ve lost your voice, or you don’t have the spine to speak up for yourself and protect your soul. Just know that doing the same thing over and over will not change the current behavior in your marriage.
A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. Proverbs 22:3 NLT
If this is your situation, listen in to our podcast today for some help.
Click below to listen.
In the same way, their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything. 1 Timothy 3:11
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25 NLT
Got a question for me? Here are the guidelines…
- Keep your message short and sweet because you only have 90 seconds to record your question.
- Please leave your name and where you’re from. If you’d like to remain anonymous, you can say you’re Sue from Oregon even though you’re really Jane from California! Yeah, I’m sly like that. I’ve got you covered, sister!
- If applicable, please let me know if your husband is a believer or not.
- Only ask one question per recording. If you have another question, please record another message.
- Rude, offensive, and snarky questions will not be addressed. They will be deleted, thank you very much!
For more podcast episodes and to subscribe to our show, you can do so here.
Live a poured out life for Christ,