Q & A on the blog today…
I am newly married to a wonderful (not perfect) man. We have been through a lot together. Sometimes, I worry if he is God’s will for me. The thoughts started small but now, has created anxiety and fear of the unknown in me. I read articles that say if God doesn’t want you to do something, He creates a nudge in you. Can God nudge one to get a divorce? And if I am determined to stay true to my vows, does it mean that I am doomed? Is the fear creating a nudge?
~ a newly wedded wife
Anxiety, fear of the unknown, what’s the nudging of the Holy Spirit and what isn’t, are all common thoughts that run through the mind of a woman (well, maybe not all women, but certainly this one.)
The Bible runs on Truth, not emotion. Yet, when I examine my own heart, I often find myself doing the exact opposite: running on emotion instead of Truth. This is when I need my mind and heart realigned back to God’s Word. But this spiritual realignment can only take place if the following two things are part of the equation.
- An understanding of God’s Word.
- A surrendering spirit to God’s Word.
So back to the question from this newly wedded wife…
Listen to this podcast episode as Eric and I share what the Word says on this extremely important topic.
Click below to listen.
“So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” Matthew 19:6
For this is the will of God, your sanctification.1 Thes. 4:3
Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. Ephesians 5:17
“The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9
Got a question for me? Here are the guidelines…
- Keep your message short and sweet because you only have 90 seconds to record your question.
- Please leave your name and where you’re from. If you’d like to remain anonymous, you can say you’re Sue from Oregon even though you’re really Jane from California! Yeah, I’m sly like that. I’ve got you covered, sister!
- If applicable, please let me know if your husband is a believer or not.
- Only ask one question per recording. If you have another question, please record another message.
- Rude, offensive, and snarky questions will not be addressed. They will be deleted, thank you very much!
For more podcast episodes and to subscribe to our show, you can do so here.
Live a poured out life for Christ,