They don’t understand most things we say to them.
They don’t understand why we get all emotional and why our feelings get hurt.
They are not designed to sit and listen to us talk for endless hours.
They like to fix our problems and situations rather than be a sounding board that is filled with compassion and empathy.
Many are not in tune with the feelings and emotions of a woman, because after all, they are men and God wired them differently.
Here’s a few tips to better your relationship with your man:
- Don’t expect him to respond to you the way your girlfriends do, OR more importantly, the way your Savior does.
- Don’t expect him to always understand you, and don’t fault him when he falls short in this area.
- Don’t expect him to know how to comfort you. As a wife, make it a point to share your heart with him and let him know how he can comfort you. Men are doers.
- Don’t expect him to read your mind. Just because you have been married to him for more than one day that does not mean he knows what you are thinking and feeling on a regular basis.
- Don’t expect him to fulfill all of your emotional and relational needs. He can’t.
- Be mindful of the fact that he does not think and feel the same way you do.
- Extend him grace because He. Is. A. Man., not a woman, and it is not right for us to expect our men to act like a female. (We gotta love God’s grace when it is extended to us, but it’s sure difficult to extend to our men, yet that should be the first place grace is extended on a regular basis!)
Just being aware of these things should bring more harmony and unity into your marriage.
Whether it is today or tomorrow, the following week or next month…. my advice to you to better your marriage is:
Remember, your man is a man. Cut him some slack and appreciate his masculinity, and he just might appreciate your femininity a little bit more!
Live a poured out life for Christ,