“Well, I know that person but what in the world is Facebook?”
I didn’t do much or really anything with Facebook until the Lord called me to write on His behalf. His calling was clear but what wasn’t clear was how to go about answering His call. I really didn’t know what a blog was and I certainly didn’t know how to write a book but I knew I was suppose to write to my Audience of One. So I decided it would be easier to start a blog and that’s where this one came from!
We have access to the biggest and most diverse mission field ever- people from every continent, every age group, both genders, and diverse economic and cultural backgrounds, who are logging in to the internet daily. Over 2 billion users log onto the internet regularly. Not to mention, the use of social media is on the rise. In a single day, approximately 700,000 people join Facebook and 300,000 people join twitter. Each day your mission field is being expanded by up to one million people! ~excerpt from REACH
These numbers really put things into perspective regarding how social media can advance the Kingdom of God!
The book discusses the 5 ‘P’s’ below:
- The Potential that social media brings to our world today.
- Principles–Imagine the impact of hundreds of thousands of people using social media to brag on God: people using their influence to make God seem like the greatness He is. ~book excerpt
- The Pitfalls that we can experience
- Practical examples of Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc are all given
- And Partnering with others as you use your influence to bring God glory
Pin evangelistic and apologetic articles (See appendix for ideas)
Pin stories of God coming through and showing off. You can also pin faith-building articles that will help people grow in their relationship with the Lord.
Pin helpful books that help people know God more. ~excerpt from REACH
If you’re on Facebook, you can leave a scripture of the day for your family and friends. REACH addresses 12 different ways you can use this platform for God’s glory.
If you’re on Twitter…..I have no idea what you should do or how you follow that thing! (smile) But REACH does address this social platform as well!
Perhaps you’re hesitant to get involved with social media because you don’t see the benefits of it. I can understand that because I felt the same way. However, REACH shares several stories of evangelism and discipleship that have happened world-wide! It really is quite moving to see how God uses people from behind the computer screen to minister to another human being from across the globe.
- From my own personal experience I have met people from all over the world! I have chatted in Facebook, (something I did not know how to do before), with a woman who lives in India that was seeking marital counsel.
- I have journeyed 45 minutes away from my home as my husband and I counseled a married couple that I met through this blog.
- I’ve received emails from wives from around the world asking me if I would either call them on the phone so they can get some help or if I could respond to them via email.
Social media is here to stay, friend. And if you feel like an old dog who can’t learn how to do new things…..my story is an example of what God can do through you if you’re willing to be used by Him. With an open and teachable heart we can embrace social media and use it to advance the Kingdom of God. REACH will tell you all the ways you can do this and it’ll address the pitfalls as well.
If you’re a blogger, you need to read this book!
If you’re on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, etc, you need to read this book!
If you want to learn more about social media, you need to read this book!
If you’re reluctant to embrace social media, you need to read this book!
If you’re addicted to social media, then you need to read this book!
So, if you’d like to win a copy of this wonderful ministry tool, then just enter the raffle below and you just might be the winner!
To purchase the book, you can find it here.