Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter. 1 Peter 4:16
- So I laughed out loud when I read this verse because all of the Christians that I know, suffer! But imagine what the Church would be like if we actually glorified God during our suffering. That’s convicting isn’t it? I guess throwing a pity party for oneself is not on the top of the list of growing more like Christ.
And that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written: “For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, and sing to Your name.” Romans 15:9
- So, if you’re not Jewish, then you being a Gentile have reason to glorify God because you have received the Gospel message! So in other words, maybe I shouldn’t complain about a thing in my life because after all, I DO HAVE MY SALVATION and that, my friend, is more than what we deserve. Why don’t I remember that more often?? Sigh.
For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:20
- My life is not my life; it belongs to the Lord. He paid for it with His blood. So the least I can do is live my life for Him, right? Laying down my desires, rights, wants so I can bring Him glory. Wow, that’s a tough one because then I’d have to die to my flesh…. Every. Minute. Of. The. Day. 24/7 til I get to Heaven!
Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Romans 15:5-7
- Oh dear! Receive one another? You mean the Lord wants us to get along with others? Yikes! Well that list could include our husband, children, in-laws (or out-laws!), extended family and friends. I guess I have some work to do!
Jesus said this to let him (Peter) know by what kind of death he would glorify God. John 21:19
- Can you imagine glorifying God through your death, as a martyr? Well, I don’t know about you, but I can barely glorify God through my simple day to day life!
Perhaps all of us from time to time need an adjustment of ‘self’? Or maybe we need the healing hands of the Holy Spirit to tweak our perspective towards Heaven rather than being so wrapped up in this temporary world? Because what does God want us to do?
God wants us to bring Him glory ALL THE TIME!
Live a poured out life for Christ,