But because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7:2 (NLT)
I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, Do not stir up nor awaken love until it pleases. Song of Songs 8:4
Do not look upon me, because I am dark, because the sun has tanned me. Song of Solomon 1:6
You have ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; You have ravished my heart with one look of your eyes, with one link of your necklace. How fair is your love, my sister, my spouse! How much better than wine is your love, and the scent of your perfumes than all spices! Your lips, O my spouse, drip as the honeycomb; Honey and milk are under your tongue; And the fragrance of your garments is like the fragrance of Lebanon. Song of Songs 4:9-11
- Maintain a submissive attitude towards my husband. As a result of this, he feels honored and I feel cherished.
- The more feminine I become, the more manly he becomes. Today I wear more lipstick and skirts and less sweatpants now that I am married.
- I have learned not to over commit myself to outside ministry because it will hinder my marriage. I just don’t have time to do it all!
- Homeschooling (or parenting, if you happen not to homeschool) is a black hole. It can swallow me and my marriage up and it can become an idol in my life if I allow it. Therefore, we will not bow down to the altar of academics. I can’t and shouldn’t do everything and it’s okay to let some things go.
- My Beloved is my husband and that means he is my first ministry and comes before all others. Exercising and eating right is a part of that ministry to him because he is to physically delight in my body, and I don’t want to deprive him of that because of my insecurities. I fail daily in these areas because who in their right would like to eat salad and veggies and limit their chocolate and dessert intake, especially when life gets hard and you start to recognize that you have become an emotional eater? I’ll let you know right now that I will not be the first one to raise my hand on that one, but, nonetheless, I will keep trying!
- If my marriage bed is hindered, so is my marriage. This propels me to work on being physically attractive for my man even with all of my physical limitations, time constraints, or when I don’t want to curl my hair because I am lazy! Yet, I am mindful of keeping a balanced life and making sure my outer appearance does not become an idol as well.
Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth. She is a loving deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts satisfy you always. May you always be captivated by her love. Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman, or fondle the breasts of a promiscuous woman? Proverbs 5:18-20 (NLT)
His left hand is under my head, and his right hand embraces me. Song of Songs 2:6
Live a poured out life for the Master,