Q & A on the blog today…
A friend of mine has a husband who attends church with her but he is emotionally abusive and he’s an alcoholic. They attend a church that is opening a second campus that the wife wants to start attending. Her husband is refusing to attend the same church (just a different location). He has not been remotely a spiritual leader. So, is she wrong to ignore him and go to the new campus without his “approval”? And am I wrong to encourage that?
~a concerned friend
So, what’s a wife to do in this situation? Inquiring minds want to know!
Click below to listen.
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22
For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word. Ephesians 5:22-26
Submitting to one another in the fear of God. Ephesians 5:21
In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over by observing your pure and reverent lives.
Got a question for me? Here are the guidelines…
- Keep your message short and sweet because you only have 90 seconds to record your question.
- Please leave your name and where you’re from. If you’d like to remain anonymous, you can say you’re Sue from Oregon even though you’re really Jane from California! Yeah, I’m sly like that. I’ve got you covered, sister!
- If applicable, please let me know if your husband is a believer or not.
- Only ask one question per recording. If you have another question, please record another message.
- Rude, offensive, and snarky questions will not be addressed. They will be deleted, thank you very much!
For more podcast episodes and to subscribe to our show, you can do so here.
Live a poured out life for Christ,