86 Pieces of Biblical Advice for a Better Marriage
The ministry of marriage can be a messy thing. Not meeting each other’s expectations, old wounds, trials that suck the life right out of you, and the darling kiddos that can consume your every waking being, one would think, “Who’s got time to better their marriage?”
Whether you’ve been married for 10 months or 10 years, a new Christ-follower or a seasoned saint, most couples I know want to have a better marriage, but sometimes a couple may get stuck not knowing what to do in their situation. Yet, you and I both know that if our marriages aren’t right, our souls ache.
Our options are either to better our marriage or live with the consequences of a bitter marriage. The latter is not an option I’m willing to live with being that my marriage is a lifelong relationship. In my laziness, I wish there was a shortcut for a loving and lasting relationship but there’s not. A sweet marriage takes time, work, and commitment to God’s Word and to one another.
If you’re paralyzed by your marital problems and you don’t know what to do or if you’re just looking to implement biblical marital habits then the following list of podcast episodes should provide the Christ-centered guidance your soul longs for.
The majority of the episodes come from women seeking marital advice to their problems. (Yes, I read every email that shows up in my inbox!) But even if you’re not dealing with marital problems today, Eric and I try to give you some preventative measures you can apply to your relationship in hopes of warding off potential problems in the future.
Scroll through this list and click on the title to the episode that jumps out at you. The Holy Spirit knows what you need and He is faithful to minister to your heart.
Got a friend who is struggling in her marriage? Pass along this list as I’m sure she’ll find something on it that will encourage and equip her.
1.Dealing with Temptation When You’re Married
2. When Your Husband Wants to Do Something Sexually Absurd in the Bedroom
3. How a Wife Can Forgive & Forget the Hurtful Words Said by Her Husband
4. How to Cultivate and Strengthen Oneness in Marriage
5. Dealing with a Hard and Cold Heart in Marriage
6. When You Want Fairness in Marriage
7. Getting on the Same Page as Your Spouse Regarding Finances
8. When a Husband Shuts His Wife Out of His Life
9. What’s a Wife to Do When She Doesn’t Want to Have Sex?
10. When You Don’t Want to Be a Godly Wife
12. When a Sexual Past is Creating Problems in the Marriage
13. How to Find Peace as a Wife When Facing Financial Storms
14. How to Connect with Your Husband through His Love Language
15. How to Express Your Needs to Your Husband So You Don’t Explode
16. What’s a Wife to Do When Her Husband Doesn’t Work Hard Enough?
17. When Your Marriage is a Mess
19. How to Minister to Other Wives
20. When You’re Insecure with Your Outer Appearance
21. How a Wife Can Confront Her Husband’s Sins & Idols
22. One Very Good Reason Not to Put Others Before Your Marriage
23. When Unloving Words Are Spoken in Your Marriage
24. How to Juggle Working In & Out of the Home
25. Learning to Make Wise Decisions as a Couple
26. How to Get on the Same Page as a Couple
27. Learning to Tame the Tongue in Marriage
28. How to Avoid the Blame Game in Marriage
29. Why You Should Let Your Husband Lead When You Can do a Better Job
30. How to Build Unity in Marriage
31. What to Do When a Marriage is Filled with Anger
32. Who is Influencing You in Your Marriage?
33. Creative Ways to Enhance Physical Intimacy
34. Dealing with Future In-laws
35. When a Single Woman Should Let Go of a Relationship
36. How to Rebuild a Marriage After an Emotional Affair
37. How I Overcame My Sexual Past So My Marriage Would Flourish
38. How Often Should a Wife Initiate Sex?
39. Trusting Your Husband When He is Away from Home
40. When a Christian Husband Views Porn
41. Walking through the Word Regarding Divorce and Remarriage
42. Are Fertility Treatments Okay for the Christian Couple?
43. Should a Wife Submit to Her Husband in Everything?
44. How to Encourage Your Husband to Build Family Relationships
45. Biblical Guidance in the Case of Adultery
46. When Your Sex Drive Is Higher than Your Husband’s
47. How to Encourage Your Husband to Attend Church
48. What’s Okay and Not Okay in the Christian Marriage Bed?
49. Should a Couple Live Together Before Marriage?
50. What to Do When Your Husband Has Friendships with Other Women?
51. When a Husband Is Unwilling to Work
52. How to Minister to a Depressed Husband
53. How to Recapture Respect for Your Husband
54. How to Deal with Condemnation in Marriage
55. When a Husband Threatens Divorce
56. When He Tells You He’s Not Attracted to Your Because You’re Overweight
57. How to Restore Your Marriage After You’ve Been a Horrible Wife
58. Encouraging Your Husband to Build Loyalty
59. What’s a Wife to Do When Her Husband Blames Her for All Their Problems?
60. Should a Wife Seek Counsel from Someone Other than Her Husband?
61. Keeping Unity in Your Marriage When the In-laws Have Caused Division
62. What to Do When a Husband Isn’t Spiritually Leading the Home
63. One Sure Fire Way to Connect with Your Husband
64. Building the Bridge Between Your Husband and Your Family
65. Dealing with a Controlling Husband
66. Confronting Your Husband in Love
67. When You Struggle to Have Sex Because You’re Insecure with Your Outer Appearance
68. When You’re Putting Forth All the Effort in Your Marriage
69. How to Trust Your Husband Again When He’s Broken Your Trust
70. Is it Okay to Remarry After Divorce?
71. Proverbs for Couples: How to Communicate in Marriage
72. Proverbs for Couples: How to Resolve Conflict in Marriage
73. Proverbs for Couples: How to Create an Emotionally Safe Place for Communication
74. Proverbs for Couples: Do You Embrace or Mock God’s Advice on Marriage?
75. Proverbs for Couples: 10 Qualities of a Godly Husband (Part 1)
76. Proverbs for Couples: 10 Qualities of a Godly Husband (Part 2)
77. Proverbs for Couples: 10 Qualities of a Godly Wife (Part 1)
78. Proverbs for Couples: 10 Qualities of a Godly Wife (Part 2)
80. What Kind of Marriage Are You Building?
81. The Biblical Role of a Husband (Part 1)
82. The Biblical Role of a Husband (Part 2)
83. The Biblical Role of a Wife (Part 1)
84. The Biblical Role of a Wife (Part 2)
85. The 4 Actions & Attitudes Godly Couples Should Pursue
86. Priorities of a Godly Couple
Live a poured out life for Christ,